Wednesday 8 April 2020

State of Emergency Post 1

OK so had a little misunderstanding with my cat Carmelle today. I told her earlier in the week I'd be working from home for the next while. At first she seemed pleased but today her disdain was noticeable.
I tried to ignore it at first like one of those awkward office situations where some colleague gets their nose out of joint for some unknown reason but hasn't the manners or the courage to talk to you about it. Finally the issue came to head and we talked it through.
It seems when I told Carmelle
I'd be working from home she assumed that meant I'd be working FOR HER. I explained I am working for someone else and that this job is what puts food on my table and in her dish. She didn't like that response as you can see from the photo.
She pulled out the roommate agreement which is WAY, WAY more comprehensive than Sheldon's from the Big Bang Theory. Turns out my working from home violates several clauses of the agreement. After some negotiation she begrudgingly agreed to a compromise. Tomorrow I'm working from the shed.
Power on people! We need to stick together. I mean this metaphorically of course because of the whole social distancing thing. But seriously we need to help each other out. If cats take over the world our days are numbered.

No comments:

Post a Comment