Wednesday 8 April 2020

State of Emergency Post 9

There is some exciting news in Palmer Rapids! Even though it rained here all day the house was full of sunshine and warmth. I wasn’t going to share the news with people just yet, but I’m overflowing with so much joy and happiness that I simply cannot contain it.

Yup! You guessed it, I’ve met a guy.

He is quite a bit older than I am, but we seem really well suited for each other. He’s a redhead with a solid square jaw. I don’t want to jinx the situation by rushing things, but to me he seems perfect. The crazy thing is he lives close by and our paths have crossed daily; we just didn’t notice each other until today.

His name is Robin, and he lives in my pantry cupboard. He is the guy on the Robin Hood flour bag. Oh, I know someone is going to comment that he dresses a little funny but based on the clothes I’ve been wearing the past while I cannot judge. And let me tell you, under a state of emergency you can’t be too picky. Men are too harshly judged these days. I’m just so excited!

Betty is going to mind the cats tomorrow evening and Robin and I are going to have a date night, we’ll be staying inside of course. I’m a little nervous about it. It’s been a long time since I’ve been on a date. OK that’s probably an obvious statement given my social circle revolves around two cats, a teapot named Betty and a kettle called Kerry. But I’m optimistic this might really work out.

Anyway, I’m thinking of cooking a nice dinner for just the two of us, nothing too romantic, just something simple. During dinner I thought it would be nice to play some 1970s music, maybe include a few songs by the band Bread.

Then maybe we can watch something on YouTube. I was thinking maybe we might watch a few episodes of The Love Boat, but given the state of the cruise ship industry these days that might not be the most uplifting thing to watch. Pinterest might give me some ideas.

Carmelle and Tubby Washington seem to get along with Robin really well, and although we’re still all getting to know each other, so far things are going great! Robin is bilingual; he’s English on one side and French on the other, so Carmelle hopes to practice her French lessons with him.

The first photo was taken just a few minutes after Robin and I met. I went to the cupboard to get out a can of tuna and there he was. When I saw his face I said, “Hello, Handsome!” and the conversation just took off from there. There’s a close up of him so you can see just how handsome he his.

I can’t believe what a great day it’s been! Everybody is in such a fantastic mood. As you can see the geraniums are blooming, and things are really starting to look up. Every cloud has a silver lining, and meeting Robin seems to have made all of the suffering in life worthwhile.

Hopefully all of you are having wonderful day too. I can’t wait to tell you how tomorrow night goes!






No comments:

Post a Comment