Monday 17 October 2011

Talmida


Katrina Boguski
October 5 2011

Talmida and tell me true
What more meaning could I take from you?
Ketuvim and a coat of arms
Kettle drums and no more harm
Kettle boiling for a cup tea
All still learning what to see

Senseless words from senseless fright
Senseless lines and a whole new life
Sentence writ and sentence gone
Whole new life gets carried on
Whole new work and a whole new way
Whole new page gets wrote today

Tell me Talmid tell me too
What more meaning could I take from you?
Learning meanings and living songs
Leaving lines and leaving wrongs
Leaving lines upon my face
Some still learning fall from grace

Simple meanings simple lines
Simple chords and simple rhymes
Simply written in simple time
Working purpose and wanted sign
Working well and making sense
Working soon to pay the rent

Talmida and tell me true
What more meaning could I take from you?
Kitchen parties and kitchen sink
Catching thoughts for you to think
Kesef, coin and copper line
All still working for a different kind

Tell me Talmid tell me too
What more meaning could I take from you?
Understanding hope, in folk
Whole new meaning to invoke
Under siege and overcast
Some still hurting from a tortured past
Hope can move your thoughts from pain
Taking you toward different gain
Give out more than you take back
Hope can give you what you lack

All still learning how to feel
All things turning in a great big wheel
All still walking in different shoes
All still learning different news
Tell me Talmid, Talmida
Tell me truly what you saw
Tell me everything you know
Tell me how the future goes

No comments:

Post a Comment