Friday 9 January 2015

Listen to The Color of My Eyes


The Color of My Eyes is now available for listening! Words mine, music, production, and performance credits go to Mike Shrout of Atlanta Georgia. Mike served as a Corporal in the US Marine Corp and is currently a Fireman. 

The title of the song comes from a friend of mine who went to school with Bruce Springsteen and who went on to become a successful businessman. One day I suggested his dad must have given him a little help to get him started, to which he replied, "The only thing I inherited from my father was the color of my eyes". The lyrics were originally dedicated to "All the boys from Jersey who made it big despite the odds." The collaboration is dedicated to Mike's son who was born just a few days before the song was. Hope you enjoy it!



No comments:

Post a Comment